Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I love my Pixie Pants!


J crew has had at least 3 iterations of these pants.  I think the first generation pixie pants had the equestrian seams on the inner knee and the material was a bit shiny.  I first saw them on one of my classmates in spring 2010; she literally wore them every day or every other day. I could not stop staring at her butt because of that crazy zipper.

They are $88 and sometimes they go on sale for $69 or something.  I've stalked them for months since buying them because they seem to be so popular on the website but I never see anyone else wearing them but me (and the classmate who introduced them to me).  I bought mine in early fall 2010 during a 30% off sale with a few other items thrown in for free shipping!  But the black ones are versatile and awesome.  I think they are much more than just glorified leggings.  I actually wear them to work and think that they go with everything.  Since I wear a lab coat, no one realizes that i have a back zipper at which to stare. But if I may say so myself, they make my bum look good.

 The dry clean only tag did not deter me--i've been machine washing them cold and hang drying them without any consequence at all.  Now J crew is making them in all sorts of lengths and sizes, it makes my head spin.  I read from other blogs that they run small, and when I got them the 0 fit me well.  I wonder if the current 00 would be equivalent to the old 0 now?

1. with Gap blouse, Target cardi, shoes from Vietnam
2. old navy shirt, J Crew cardi, urban outfitters scarf, boots from Macy (they are Paris Hilton brand! didn't know she made boots..)
3. (obligatory back view!) sweater from unknown store, UO shoes (you can't see them)
4. shirt from Vietnam, thrifted fish scarf, Steve Madden wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment