Monday, February 21, 2011

Norwegian Wood

I just read an amazing book called Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.  I devoured it last night (this morning) while on-call during a rare 3-hour hiatus from the incessant pages between 4am and 7am.


The characters were so real and the story was touching and sad.  Anyway. highly recommended, especially now that it is a movie directed by a French Vietnamese director! 


Honestly, I don't even want to say anymore about it because it wouldn't do his writing any justice.  Maybe I got on the Murakami boat late, but I am excited to read his other books soon! Luckily I have a supplier for my Murakami addiction for now :)
Aah, it's the kind of rich story-telling that inspires you to travel and draw pictures and write poetry and recount certain poignancies of the relationships you've ever built with other people. What an on-call treat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment