Monday, September 26, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Agenda for today: chocolate chip cookies to bring to my friend's birthday party.


1 1/8 cups of butter = 2 1/4 sticks
2 1/4 cups of flour + 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 unicorn hairs


I love chocolate chip cookies.  When I was in high school, I loved fat chewy cookies.  Then, I had a change of mind and craved thin crispy cookies.  I have two chocolate chip cookie recipes in my archive: a soft chewy version and a crispy version (involves adding water to thin out the dough).  This crispy cookie recipe worked like a charm the last 2 times I made these.  But lately, I've been at odds with Mr. Oven...for some reason the cookies JUST WON'T CRISPEN.  Arg.

Yummy butter.  I usually try to adapt all recipes toward non-dairy containing so that Mike can enjoy too.  But sometimes, it's nice to follow a recipe the whole way through without having to substitute.  And that's why 2.25 sticks of butter ended up in this cookie dough.

Welcome to your new life as cookies!


 
Then, I put on a snazzy pair of pants and went to the party with my little cookies in tow.

T-shirt: Charlotte Russe
Tank top: Aeropostale
Pants: Target ("lamé")
Shoes: precious shoes from Vietnam. See reference here.
Necklace: thrifted


No comments:

Post a Comment