Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lemon Olive Oil Weekend

Wow, blogger is so different! I have forgotten how to post....

Once upon a weekend now almost at its ebb, an avocado chocolate cake died at my hand. I was following a recipe for a vegan cake but then some foolishness came over me and I added eggs to it, destroying the balance between dry and liquid ingredients, thereby birthing a monstrosity.  But in the aftermath, there was some avocado lemon glaze that survived.  It was supposed to go on the cake, but now it lay alone in its bowl waiting to meet its cake-mate.

Now when I show this to you, you can't yell or run away (Primer quote!).

I know. This looks like emesis. 
But it is composed of 2 ripe avocadoes, 1 POUND (I said POUND) of powdered sugar, and lemon juice. 
That is how it has retained its yummy greenness.
Now, I wanted to do something other than eat that with a spoon. Three spoonfuls of avocado glaze later, I found a recipe for lemon cookies that had everything I was looking for (use of olive oil instead of butter).  I thought it sounded interesting so off I set to make these delectables.

1. Lemon zest meets sugar.  Then I zested a clementine that was lying around too.  Zest makes the kitchen sing!
2. Flour and baking powder and salt.
3. Eggs, almond milk (instead of regular milk) and vanilla extract.

Hmm let's take a closer look at that zesty sugar.

Mix Mix Mix

Welcome to your new life as cookies.

Avocado glaze finds her new soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment