Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Love my Minnie Pant!

Ah, another compilation of outfits surrounding one beloved article: the bistretch wool minnie pant.
I am no longer using pant in the plural, folks.

Mine are parsley (green).  These pants have a really bizarre disconcerting fit in that they feel really weird on but look good. They are really tight on the legs (hence leg slimming) but relatively loose in the hips/butt.  I cannot stress further how bizarre it feels...it's like wearing tights without pants. SO WEIRD. And since the material is stretchy wool (bi-stretch as a matter of fact--meaning they stretch in 2 directions or something, per google search) they get saggier and saggier in the hips as the day goes on.  Anyway so I tried on the 00 regular at the store in charcoal (back in the fall 2010) and the hips were Sooo poochy I hated them; I thought they looked like sweatpants for some reason.  Alas, I continued to long for a slim leg trouser with a flatter flat front so I took a chance on the 00P's thinking the hips would fit me better.  When I first got them I was disappointed that the legs were cropped.  They have a 24" inseam whereas the regulars have a 27" inseam falling at ankle length for me, which was what I personally wanted. I didn't like how my calves were cold.  Plus I tried wearing sheer trouser socks with them but that was just awkward.  However, I think they fit perfectly in the hips and I also randomly went for the green color even though I originally wanted the grey and I am so glad I did! I am mesmerized by this green and have been enjoying the challenge of styling these pants.

For some reason there are hardly any online fashion bloggers reviewing these and posting outfit ideas with them, yet they are always selling out on the website and have never been drastically marked down.  Oh well, I don't know how I can rouse the underground minnie pant wearers to reveal themselves.

So without further ado, here is me wearing my minnie pants (minnie me)!

1. Charlotte Russe tank top, F21 purse, CK shoes
2. Ralph Lauren sweater, Gap belt, shoes from Vietnam
3. Ann Taylor sweater, Bandolino shoes, BLACK TROUSER SOCKS! (awkward?)

1. Unknown top, may be from Gabe's. Express cardigan. Shoes from Burlington.
2. H&M tee, Gap belt, UO shoes.
3. Target sweater, shoes from Burlington.

Caring for my pants:
In a cavalier (or desperate?) act, I washed these in the cold wash and hung dry them instead of forking out the $$ to dry clean them as recommended.  I am pleased to say that they didn't shrink, in fact since they had stretched out from wearing, washing them actually helped them resume their original size.  They have a really weird synthetic smell when they are wet though, not sure what to make of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment