Friday, December 28, 2012

I Love my J.Crew Sterling Skirt! And Hunter Boots!


The other day, I stepped out into the wintry frost thusly:
Sweater: Valerie Stevens cashmere | Skirt: J.Crew | Scarf: Burberry | Vest: BB Dakota | Boots: Hunter
I am very happy with this purchase! From the fit, to the texture of the wool, to the 'sheer minty' color which is subtly heathered...I just want to eat this skirt.  It constantly reminds me of ice cream.

Thanks for all the skirts, J.Crew!
Sterling Double Serge Wool Sheer Mint | Perfect Pencil Double Serge Wool (old) | No. 2 Pencil Double 
Serge Wool Hthr Acorn | No. 2 Feather Paisley




A quick note on the Hunter boots--I got them at Nordstrom Rack for much less than original price. They are the Champery boots, which boast a sleek wedge atop a comfy platform. They had a patchy film of white stuff on them which I was slightly sad about. Luckily, the omnipotence of the internet intervened and I learned about rubber blooming.  Apparently, rubber is a sentient being, reacting to harsh external climes by extruding its waxy component (bloom) to the surface in an attempt to protect itself. As creepy as it is to don a living breathing thing on my legs, I pushed onwards, determined to get rid of the bloom. A helpful thread on the purse forum discusses the utility of using oil vs. some special product costing $$ to polish the boots. Therefore, oil it was! Incidentally this oil was leftover from making sufganiyot.  Now my boots are shiny and bloom-free. Another Chanukah miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment