Monday, July 25, 2011

Small Outfit Recap and Free People/American Eagle Review

Here is a little synopsis of my 1st month as a senior resident:

Wow, this is in reverse order of happiness, haha. How fitting!
1. Grumpy face post-call. Dress-AE. Shehs-Coconuts. Purse-F21, Belt-F21
2. Mid-week daze.  Shirt-tailored in VN. Skirt-Anthropologie Fall '10, Shoes-Target, Necklace-Target
3. Happy pre-call because we went to get Vietnamese food prior to dropping me off for a Saturday call.  Shirt-gift from Aunt, Skirt-Charlotte Russe. Shoes-Kohls. On-call shoes-faux crocs.  Bag-Dooney&Bourke via TJMaxx.  Note that bag contains scrub pants for easy transition!

Note that there is a sock ball belonging to Mike on the lower right of the last picture.  He is so silly leaving sock balls around like that.  The little grey dress was a recent find.  AE is having a huge clearance and I picked this up through that.  I got the dress in a 00 which fits a little small but then I think that any bigger and the bust would not look as good.  The dress actually has boning on both sides of the torso as I suppose it is like a corset.  The skirt is very pretty eyelet, but I wish it was a little longer.  Or perhaps it is just too small on me?  Wow, I still can't believe how grumpy I look.

Ok, so today I sort of struck gold.  I managed to get enough sleep while on call that I didn't need to nap post call at all!  After I left the hospital, I went to the pool and waddled around a little.  Then I returned home and got ready to set out on an adventure.  I got some lunch then wandered around a bit and stumbled into a little boutique that apparently opened up 9 weeks ago.  The sales associate was super nice and showed me all these things on sale that happened to be Free People and I shamelessly got them all.  The discounts in-store were significantly better than on their website.

1 and 2. Blouse-Free People, Jeans-AE, Shoes-Zigi via Ideeli
3 and 4. Top-FP, tank-F21, Skirt-FP Engineered Stripe Maxi, Shoes-thrifted
Ok, so this maxi skirt is TO DIE for.  First, the material is soooo soft and squooshy (95% cotton, 5% spandex). Second, the stripes are surprisingly flattering and unique.  And last, the slit is soxy! I am so in love with this skirt.  Move over, Mike! I have plans to wear it as a dress with shorts or a miniskirt underneath.  I am wondering if any powers-that-be would object if I wear this to work tomorrow....



Flares are coming back!  I snatched these AE Vintage Flare jeans while they were on super sale last week for less than $20.  I got them in 0 Short because I want to be able to wear them with flats.  They are less stretchy than the average jeans which I prefer.  I currently own 2 pairs of jeans without ANY stretch in them and I treasure them like they are a dying breed.  The distressing detail is nice.  I also like the pockets.  Currently I have an excess of skinny, straight leg, and boot cut jeans.  When I moved out of my parents' house I left behind a pair of Angels flares since the style was waning at that time.  Now I want them back! Note: tell mom to bring them next time she visits.







The eyelet blouse was also a surprising fit.  I have a really narrow chest (29" or 30" or something) and struggle to find tops that are both flattering and pretty.  This top is an XS and so flowy and romantic.  I read the reviews on the website and agree that it flatters slender figures better.  I also agree that the bottom of the blouse runs tight so it has to sit higher on the hips.  However, all the beautiful details sealed the deal for me.  I love the buttons on the side.  aah LOVE!



This lace back cardigan was the first piece that the sales girl wanted me to try on.  At first I was like meh. But then it totally grew on me. I don't own anything like it!  It looks fabulous with jeans.  The lace is very delicate and feminine.  Mike left another sock ball at the shoe area haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment